Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Matrix Object, Thinking Particles and Geometry



A question was raised on fxphd about the different ways to generate geometry for Thinking Particles if you have created them using the MoGraph Matrix object.

You can do it several ways. You can create a Particle Geometry Object then create the particle geometry using Xpresso and the PShape node.

Alternatively you can use the Cloner Object and clone onto the Matrix Object.

I've created a couple of simple scenes that illustrate this. I've used two particle groups and then a simple Xpresso setup for each. The first scales one group of particles down and and the other aligns the second group to a null object.

The final scene is an example of doing this using only MoGraph, so no Thinking Particles or Xpresso is used.


Here's a link to the files.


I hope you find them useful.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:08 pm BST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok..

Here is the thing. I have 300$ to spend on on-line trainings. Since Hypa and TimC are high ranked in my book and Tim is a tutor on several sites, I don't know which training to purchase?

FXphd or Cineversity? There was also a AE training on Fxphd, but it is not available on this term. I would be interested to purchase Fxphd package with both Tim's courses or on DVD.

So Tim, what do you suggest? BTW, I am C4D and AE user.
Thank you for your answers and bye.

5:58 pm BST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tim,
I worked a lot on your file example, PVolumePosition and PPositionFollow 08.04.2004.
I don't understand how to reduce the settlement of the particles. I tried to change every single value, every single parameter, spring speed too, but i failed.
Could you explain me that please?

Thanks a lot!

11:44 pm GMT  
Blogger Tim Clapham said...

Hi anonymous...

I'm not sure what you mean by the settlement of the particles.

Do you want the particles to settle, or do you want them to keep moving?

thanks
Tim

12:02 am GMT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home